Thread: USB Cables For Use With Allen-Bradley (A-B) And Rockwell Software (RS) Products

USB Cables For Use With Allen-Bradley (A-B) And Rockwell Software (RS) Products

For decades we’ve relied on our laptop’s trusty Serial Port or PCMCIA slot to communicate with legacy A-B devices...

Click here to view the full article.
    Looking for affordable automation training? If you are, check out my courses at TheAutomationSchool.com!

NOTE: I've updated this post with new USB to A-B cables which have come out over the last year
    Looking for affordable automation training? If you are, check out my courses at TheAutomationSchool.com!

I have a Compact Logix Catalogue 1769-L16ER-BB1B, a lap top Hewlett Packard with Windows 10. I tried to connect the Controller to lap top using a USB cable, but I can´t do it. I checked the Device Manager of Windows, and found a Message fail the driver because the system can´t verify the firmware.Sin título.jpg. Do you know, how I can get the driver ?
    Jorge Antonio Patiño Camarena

Good morning jorgepatdale,

The USBCIP driver comes with RSLinx Classic, so I'm surprised it didn't come up automatically like it did in my video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeoLBNcArl8

Do you have a Windows 10 compatible version of RSLinx Classic? (3.90 or greater?)

If not you can find the free RSLinx Classic Lite download at AB.com

The driver is in the lap top an I have Studio 5000 complete and activated, but the manager devices of windows 10 sen this messagepant2.jpg
    Jorge Antonio Patiño Camarena

It's not in English so I can't read it... what version of RSLinx do you have installed?

Edit - At this point you may just want to use Ethernet as shown below, or contact Rockwell support?

https://minute.theautomationblog.com...-2-episode-14/