Thread: Importing Legacy PanelView Projects Into FactoryTalk View Studio

Importing Legacy PanelView Projects Into FactoryTalk View Studio

Rockwell's FactoryTalk View Studio HMI/SCADA development software comes with the built-in ability to import old PanelView Projects. In today's article, I'll walk you through the steps to do just that.

Importing legacy PanelView Projects into FactoryTalk View Studio
    Step 1) Start by opening FactoryTalk View Studio Machine Edition. When prompted with the below "New/Open" window,...

Click here to view the full article.
    You can support The Automation Blog, The Automation Minute, and The Automation Forums for as little as $1 a month and in return get free stuff from The Automation Exchange! Find out the details at Patreon.com/Automation.

The PanelView builder export utility not installed

Hi, i am trying to import Pannell view file.PVA to factory talk view studio but at the end it gives me the error that The PanelView builder export utility not installed, please help me on this, i have properly followed the instructions and every things goes well but when i start finish at the end the said error jumps up, need your kind assistance please

Thanks

Good morning [MENTION=201]zahid0111[/MENTION],

What version of View Studio are you using, and on what OS?

Shawn Tierney, The Automation Blog
    You can support The Automation Blog, The Automation Minute, and The Automation Forums for as little as $1 a month and in return get free stuff from The Automation Exchange! Find out the details at Patreon.com/Automation.

Script correction after Migration

Please Help me: I'm battling with HMI migration.

How can I Change tag address to a full word address on Factory Talk as recommended by migration pdf guide. Below is the error:
    ( Tag es temp: Bit Array tags are not supported. Tag will be converted as a memory tag. )

Also, how do I correct this error: ( Screen 2 Main: Message display object will be converted to Multistate Indicator object at (224, 88). )

Good morning IdealDan,

What version of FactoryTalk View Studio are you using? Also, what is the part number of the existing PanelView and new PanelView Plus?

There are some easy ways to work around the Bit Array tags, and some versions of FTView which accidentally give warnings like this but import the tags without issue.

But it all depends on your versions, etc.

Background info here:

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp....ail/a_id/27284
    https://rockwellautomation.custhelp....ail/a_id/24126

If you check out the Message Display Object in PanelBuilder, and the new Multistate Indication in ViewStudio, you'll see they should display the same message based on the tag value, and if they do there's nothing to fix.

Sincerely,

Shawn Tierney
    The Automation Blog