Thread: What is FactoryTalk Activation?

What is FactoryTalk Activation?

Copy Protection (aka Activation) is one of those topics that always seems to elicit a visceral response. It's the old, "I paid for this software but the copy protection is preventing me from using it!" mantra.

However, it's widely accepted that without copy protection, software piracy would run wild. And while I've run into my...

Click here to view the full article.
    You can support The Automation Blog, The Automation Minute, and The Automation Forums for as little as $1 a month and in return get free stuff from The Automation Exchange! Find out the details at Patreon.com/Automation.

Damaged HDD

Hi Mr. Shawn
    I have activated rslogix 5000 using host ID (serial number of the hard drive). But what if this hard drive is damaged or stolen?
    How to re activate RSL5000 With no possibility of rehosting?

Good morning Ahmed,

If your HDD fails or PC is stolen, just contact Rockwell activation support via free online chat or free phone support and they will reset it for you without issues.

You can also preemptively return the license to the "cloud" (aka to the activation server) and assign and download it to another computer if you are upgrading from PC to another.

Hope this helps,

Shawn Tierney,
    Instructor at TheAutomationSchool.com
    You can support The Automation Blog, The Automation Minute, and The Automation Forums for as little as $1 a month and in return get free stuff from The Automation Exchange! Find out the details at Patreon.com/Automation.