0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

CompactLogix 5380 Experience Kit

I take a look at what comes inside of Rockwell's CompactLogix 5380 Experience Kit in today's episode of The Automation...

Click here to view the original article on The Automation Blog
    Looking for affordable automation training? If you are, check out my courses at TheAutomationSchool.com!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hey Sean could you give some detail on the limitations of this processor? You said it's meant for training purposes and not meant to run an industrial machine. Is that because it only has 600kb capacity? I'm looking for something purely for personal home training and eventually to interface with an HMI. I just don't want to outgrow it so fast. I would appreciate if you could elaborate a little more on what you CAN'T do with this and why. Thanks!

Steve,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Good morning @lemonhazet,

My understanding is the Experience Kit is highly discounted and therefore may only be purchased once per customer.

In other words, an OEM can't keep purchasing the Experience Kit and then put the contents into a machine.

That said, for training purposes it's a great choice even given it's limited memory and Ethernet I/O count.

You could save a little money getting an 1769-L16 and a license of Studio 5000, but I can highly recommend the newer 5380 Experience Kit.

Hope this helps,

Shawn Tierney,
    Instructor, The Automation School
    Looking for affordable automation training? If you are, check out my courses at TheAutomationSchool.com!