1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Uploading is disabled from the panelview 600

I have come across in the past in panelbuilder32 that uploading is disabled from the panelview 600. When compiling the project it notes how much memory is used, how much capacity the terminal has and one of the other status boxes indicates how much memory would be used if uploading is disabled.

How do I enable and disable this option and does it change the ability to transfer/backup the program to the CF memory card?

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesonline View Post
    I have come across in the past in panelbuilder32 that uploading is disabled from the panelview 600. When compiling the project it notes how much memory is used, how much capacity the terminal has and one of the other status boxes indicates how much memory would be used if uploading is disabled.

How do I enable and disable this option and does it change the ability to transfer/backup the program to the CF memory card?

Thanks!
    Great question James - I'm out of the office today but should be able to answer Monday when I return :-)
    Looking for affordable automation training? If you are, check out my courses at TheAutomationSchool.com!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Panelview 1000 locked down...

Hi Shawn,
    I have a unique problem witha Panelview 1000 standard. I can not get to the configuration screen. The white box that appears at power up is disabled in the application that is loaded in the unit. The printer port is enabled so I can't upload or download. None of the passwords that we have work to get admin access that would allow access to go to config, so I am essentially locked out of a perfectly good unit. I can see it in RSlinx, but no upload or download is allowed.

I do recall, or at least think I recall a video of yours where you open up a standard Panelview and either remove a chip or short a chip to return the software to a default state. Am I dreaming?, or is there such a hopeful trick? If so, can you direct me to the video, and if not is it really just a mint condition boat anchor?

Thanks in advance Shawn,
    Joe Terlizzi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Hey Joe,

Thanks for your comments and question.

Any chance you can share the part number? Like is it a 2711-T10C8? Or 2711P-T10C4A1?

No matter what we should be able to find a way to access the config menu, but before we go to far I want to be sure we're talking about the same model :-)

Sincerely,

Shawn Tierney
    Looking for affordable automation training? If you are, check out my courses at TheAutomationSchool.com!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hi Shawn
    It's a 2711-T10G9 SER-A FRN.4.10 .

Thanks- Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Hey Joe,

Are you sure the little white box (which is suppose to come up on the bottom right) does not? Without powering on one of my units up to be sure, I honestly don't think you can disable the white box?

Unlike the PanelView Plus, there's no easy to access internal memory card you can access, so if you don't get the square on boot your best bet is to Upload the existing application, and then (1) download a new application with a goto configure button, or (2) flash the firmware of the unit which should wipe it's internal memory.

Please let me know how you make out - with the renovation going on here I don't have easy access to my 2711-T10 so I'm hoping the above helps!

Sincerely,

Shawn Tierney,
    Instructor, The Automation School

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hi Shawn,
    So the 'little white box' appears, but I know there's a simple checkbox you can check and disable the start-up 'go to config'. function when you are creating the application file, and that's what I believe the OEM programmer had done. So if you press it, it hesitates for a 1/2 second and continues to boot up until eventually an 'Access Denied" window comes up and it goes to the startup screen.
    As far as uploading/ downloading, the comm port must have been 'Printer' enabled , so I can't upload the application to modify it with a Go To Config button, or download a new .PVA either. That's what I was not expecting.
    I can see the PV 1000 in RsLinx, but I can't download or upload because of this printer enabled checkbox. That's when I thought I had seen you in a video with the back cover off and the circuit boards exposed,
    pulling a chip off or shorting some pins or something to that effect. I do think that there is a screen in the application with a go to config pb in it, but I don't have a high enough level password to access it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Hey Joe,

I guess I totally forgot about that option? And yeah, I think the article your thinking of is for the PVPlus.

That said, the PanelView Standard ending in "9" has one dedicated printer port, and one DH485 protocol but physically RS232 port.

So the good news is you can use RS232 to upload and download via the DH485 port, but the bad news is I don't think they old Serial DH485 / AIC+ driver works post WinXP SP2, meaning you'd need a 1747-UIC (or equivalent) on WinXP SP3 / Win7 / Win10 even though it's DH485 over RS232:-(

See page 24: https://literature.rockwellautomatio...m014_-en-p.pdf

Please let me know how you make out!

Sincerely,

Shawn Tierney,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    HI Shawn
    Thanks for the fast replies! So I used a 1747-UIC [set to RS232] and a 2711-NC13 Panelview cable plugged into the DH-485/ RS232 port on the PV 1000 and I was able to upload the application [actually it's been slowly uploading for 10 minutes now and it's almost halfway done]. I'll more than likely just create another simple .PVA with a 'go to configure' on the startup screen and download it when it's done uploading.
    Anyways, thanks for your help! I forgot that the UIC has the dual RS232/DH485 functionality, I must have been trying to upload before on the DH485 settin

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Awesome Joe!

Thanks for letting know that worked!

Sincerely,

Shawn Tierney,