0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Parameter Files Not Working in ViewStudio Site Edition

In Today's article I discuss why your FactoryTalk View Studio Site Edition Parameter Files may not work.
    While I was recording...

Click here to view the original article on The Automation Blog

Update: The !@=1 disables inline comments, and in my courses I use a lot of inline comments so that was why I needed to remove it.
    Looking for affordable automation training? If you are, check out my courses at TheAutomationSchool.com!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Parameter file problem with files imported from RSView32

I have a similar problem with parameter files which is driving me nuts. I am converting an application from RSView32 to FTV SE 10. I've imported the project and largely it's ok. I have a number of screens which are passed parameter files when called. The parameters displaying values in the PLC all appear to be working ok but I have a number of pushbuttons on the screen and command parameters for these are also passed over.

So for example I have a line #22=Display Vent Cells /pVC01param which is being seen by the system as a macro rather than recognising Display as a command. The line #2=coolant\coolant_auto_hours is recognised as a tag and works just fine.

I am currently looking through the manual to see if there has been some change to the syntax of commands in the parameter file.

I also noticed the !@=1 line at the start of the parameter file created by the system. I don't have that in my files so I added it to see if it made any difference. Didn't appear to but it was only a cursory check.

If you've got any ideas it would be much appreciated!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Good morning Steve,

You'll find ViewSE requires screen names containing spaces to be in quotes.

What probably is happening is the command Display Vent is being issued, and then the command Cells is being issued.

You can check your diagnostic log to be sure, but you may want to make a backup of the project and then find and replace all instances of Display Vent Cells with Display "Vent Cells"

As far as the !@=1, that new code disabled the use of inline comments, so as long as you don't have any comments on the same line as your parameters you should be all set.

Hope this helps,

Shawn Tierney,
    Instructor, ViewSE Basics
    Looking for affordable automation training? If you are, check out my courses at TheAutomationSchool.com!