Thread: panelview plus 7 Screen Saver

panelview plus 7 Screen Saver

Hello
    i am configuring a pv7 with ethernet to take the place of an old pv300 serial in order to allow for a processor upgrade.
    In the process, i found that the .pdf explains how to change the screen saver in the "desktop" and i just watch your video on how to enable or disable the screen saver on this unit. My question is, can i change the A-B QUALITY screen saver logo out for something of my own? i don't see this function or bitmap browse button anywhere in the display properties.

thanks

Good morning Cabletrayjb,

You sure can - there is a browse button on the screen saver screen (Control Panel - Display Properties) that allows you to add a single Bitmap (remove the existing one from the list first) for use as a screen saver logo, and that bitmap needs to be in the \Windows folder.

Hope this helps,

Shawn Tierney of TheAutomationSchool.com
    You can support The Automation Blog, The Automation Minute, and The Automation Forums for as little as $1 a month and in return get free stuff from The Automation Exchange! Find out the details at Patreon.com/Automation.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Tierney View Post

You sure can - there is a browse button on the screen saver screen (Control Panel - Display Properties) that allows you to add a single Bitmap (remove the existing one from the list first) for use as a screen saver logo, and that bitmap needs to be in the \Windows folder.

Hope this helps,

Shawn Tierney of TheAutomationSchool.com
    Thanks Shawn,

the confusion is in the Windows part. I am not running this as a windows app .. This project was converted from PB32 to FTVIEWME and then simply dumped into the panelview via USB flash drive. SO the screen saver is actually only on the panelview in the A-B software. That is what i am attempting to modify.

thank you

I was assuming you had a PVP7? Now re-reading your post it says PV7 so I'm not sure which model you have...

If you have a
    PanelView Plus CE (aka VersaViewCE,) PanelView Plus 6, or PanelView Plus 7, you can exit the config menu and edit the screen saver as shown below:

https://minute.theautomationblog.com...-3-episode-33/

If you have a standard PanelView Plus v3 through 5.1, then I believe the only way to change the the Screen Saver Image would be to use a USB script to copy the file from your memory device to the PVP's internal memory, overwriting the existing ssfloat.bmp in the windows directory.

Or, if you have a 700-1500, you could take the logic board off, put the CF card into your PC, and replace the ssfloat.bmp file that way.

Hope this helps,

Shawn Tierney of The Automation School.com
    You can support The Automation Blog, The Automation Minute, and The Automation Forums for as little as $1 a month and in return get free stuff from The Automation Exchange! Find out the details at Patreon.com/Automation.