Thread: Studio 5000 Logix Designer 31: What's New?

Studio 5000 Logix Designer 31: What's New?

Earlier this month Rockwell released version 31 of Studio 5000 Logix Designer.
    Below I'll summarize the new features as documented in...

Click here to view the original article on The Automation Blog
    You can support The Automation Blog, The Automation Minute, and The Automation Forums for as little as $1 a month and in return get free stuff from The Automation Exchange! Find out the details at Patreon.com/Automation.

Installed it on Wednesdays to check the new interface, and while it is a step in the right direction they still have to invest a lot of work into it. For example, the PLC options take to much room at the moment and I didn't foud a way to rearrange the icons (if there is please let me know). It just seems a little bit unfinished to me.

Changing the sheet size of a FBD is a great change, but I couldn't test it lacking a PLC to test it with. Would have been nice if they would have integrated jumps into ST or changing AOIs online, but I still hope that these things will come one day.

Hey KaiH,

Thanks for your feedback - I can't wait to try it myself.

I do know editing AOIs online is one of the most requested features :-)

Shawn Tierney,
    TheAutomationSchool.com
    You can support The Automation Blog, The Automation Minute, and The Automation Forums for as little as $1 a month and in return get free stuff from The Automation Exchange! Find out the details at Patreon.com/Automation.