Thread: Micrologix 1200 and software question

Micrologix 1200 and software question

Hi, I have just bought a second hand AB 1200 Micrologix PLC and 2 modules with a view to learning more about PLCs' and how to program and interact with them. One thing I overlooked was the software available to program them!

I have downloaded and installed the free software as per the help on this forum. My question is will I be able to use this software to program my 1200? As we all know with the free software I only get 1000 and 1100 options.

Any advice would be warmly welcome as I am a complete novice when it comes to PLC's,

Thanks inn advance,

Mike

Good afternoon Mike,

To program the MicroLogix 1200, 1400, or 1500 at a minimum you'll need a copy of RSLogix Micro Starter (not lite) which according to proposal works is current around $150:

9324-RLM0100ENE, RSLogix Micro Starter, English - Digital Download $145.00
    9324-RLM0100ENM, RSLogix Micro Starter, English - DVD $145.00 (also includes Digital Download last time I checked)

You could also ask your local distributor for a 30 temporary license, but I'm not sure if that will help:

https://theautomationblog.com/what-a...y-activations/

Hope this helps,

Shawn Tierney of The Automation Blog.
    You can support The Automation Blog, The Automation Minute, and The Automation Forums for as little as $1 a month and in return get free stuff from The Automation Exchange! Find out the details at Patreon.com/Automation.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Tierney View Post
    Good afternoon Mike,

To program the MicroLogix 1200, 1400, or 1500 at a minimum you'll need a copy of RSLogix Micro Starter (not lite) which according to proposal works is current around $150:

9324-RLM0100ENE, RSLogix Micro Starter, English - Digital Download $145.00
    9324-RLM0100ENM, RSLogix Micro Starter, English - DVD $145.00 (also includes Digital Download last time I checked)

You could also ask your local distributor for a 30 temporary license, but I'm not sure if that will help:

https://theautomationblog.com/what-a...y-activations/

Hope this helps,

Shawn Tierney of The Automation Blog.
    Many thanks for the info and the quick reply Shawn, much appreciated,

Regards,

Mike

You're very welcome Mike,

Happy Holidays,

Shawn Tierney
    TheAutomationBlog.com
    You can support The Automation Blog, The Automation Minute, and The Automation Forums for as little as $1 a month and in return get free stuff from The Automation Exchange! Find out the details at Patreon.com/Automation.