Thread: How To Automatically Run A USB Flash Drive Script On The PanelView Plus

How To Automatically Run A USB Flash Drive Script On The PanelView Plus

On Monday and Tuesday we discussed how to access the “Configuration Mode” of the PanelView Plus and PanelView Plus 6. One additional way we did not yet cover is using an “autorun.bat” file on a USB Memory Stick (aka USB Thumb Drive, USB Flash Drive.)...

Click here to view the original article on The Automation Blog
    Looking for affordable automation training? If you are, check out my courses at TheAutomationSchool.com!

Update: PanelView Plus Autorun Scripts is now available for a $1 donation to our website at:

https://theautomationexchange.com/pr...torun-scripts/
    Looking for affordable automation training? If you are, check out my courses at TheAutomationSchool.com!

Info on auto backup script

Hi guys
    I have read this article How To Automatically Run A USB Flash Drive Script On The PanelView Plus
    http://theautomationblog.com/how-to-...anelview-plus/
    Has anyone done this script is it easy to do and does it copy the IP address to ?

Is there a video lesson?
    Iím trying to make it easy for the engineers to change a faulty screen?
    Whatís your thought
    Thanks stu

Good morning Stu A,

The scripts in this blog article are for copying the .MER files to and/or from the PVPlus and will not set the IP address of the PVPlus.

Hope this helps,

Shawn Tierney,
    The Automation Blog

I need to modify a customer's PanelView Plus 1250 Assembled Terminal Cat. 2711P-T12C4A8 Ser. A, which has logic module 2711P-RP8A Ser. A.
    I'm trying to upload the .mer file and the PVP has no magic white button in lower left corner at startup and nothing in the application to get me to its config utility. I've tried your script on USB stick to copy the file several times. At first try, it created the directories on the USB but left the runtime directory empty. I deleted the directory on USB stick and tried again and now it doesn't even create the directories. PVP application continues to run OK and it seems to run the scripts but it scrolls by so fast it's almost impossible to see the echo'd responses. Do you have any ideas? THANKS!

Quote Originally Posted by John Oman View Post
    I need to modify a customer's PanelView Plus 1250 Assembled Terminal Cat. 2711P-T12C4A8 Ser. A, which has logic module 2711P-RP8A Ser. A.
    I'm trying to upload the .mer file and the PVP has no magic white button in lower left corner at startup and nothing in the application to get me to its config utility. I've tried your script on USB stick to copy the file several times. At first try, it created the directories on the USB but left the runtime directory empty. I deleted the directory on USB stick and tried again and now it doesn't even create the directories. PVP application continues to run OK and it seems to run the scripts but it scrolls by so fast it's almost impossible to see the echo'd responses. Do you have any ideas? THANKS!
    Never mind... I got it... Solution was to get a USB keyboard plugged in and hit the 'default' button at boot up... It will bring up FactoryTalk View ME menu on the PVP and you can copy the .mer file to a memory stick... It's a bit cryptic for this 73 year old EE/programmer that's been doing this stuff for 40+ years... lol...

Glad you got it working John,

While your connected you may want to re-enable the little white box.

Also, not sure why the scripts didn't work for you - did you copy them from the article or download them from TheAutomationExchange.com?

Sincerely,

Shawn Tierney,
    Instructor at The Automation School

Anyone set Static IP of PVP? 6 or 7 with an autorun.bat?

That would be helpful.

Also, Load MER and Set initial passwords from autorun.bat.

That I would pay $1 for.

I believe it's doable with code similar to this (this code is for a PC

https://theautomationblog.com/using-...cs-ip-address/

Best of luck!

Shawn Tierney,
    Instructor, The Automation School