Thread: View Studio - Using RSLinx Classic and RSEmulate

View Studio - Using RSLinx Classic and RSEmulate

In today's article I review how to use RSLinx Classic Lite and RSEmulate 500 with FactoryTalk View Studio.
    Not many users...

Click here to view the article.
    Looking for affordable automation training? If you are, check out my courses at TheAutomationSchool.com!

That works well. It proves to be very helpful for documentation, training and presentations. Even testing code on an airplane is possible.

Although the Emulate 500 does not accept 1400 programs, a quick conversion to a SLC 5/05 works. Some features have to be eliminated or changed such as ONS to OSR. Find/Replace takes care of this quickly.

When using FT Studio, I use the tag database with HMI tags pointing to the PLC tags. They serve as relays. I prefer this instead of directly accessing the PLC tags from the graphic screens. This helps when changing to other OPC servers or between RSLogix 500 and 5000 programs. By exporting the tag database, editing the text file and importing the database back in, the transition takes only a minute. For example, you can replace all "[mlx]" with "[OPC_Topic]".

Cheers!

Great stuff Dadadadeo,

I'm actually cover that (HMI tag export / edit / import) this week in my VieSE course - very useful feature!

Have a great weekend,

Shawn Tierney,
    TheAutomationSchool.com
    Looking for affordable automation training? If you are, check out my courses at TheAutomationSchool.com!